Sunday, March 22, 2009

This Is Now My 13th Week of Pregnancy - Fetal Devolpment


I am so happy to have been surpassed my delicate FIRST TRIMESTER!

The fetus is now nearly 3 inches / 7 to 8 centimetres long from crown to rump and weighs nearly an ounce / 23 grams -- about half a banana. Its unique fingerprints are already in place. It says that when I poke my stomach gently and she feels it, my baby will start rooting -- that is, act as if she's searching for a nipple.


If you're having a girl, she now has approximately 2 million
eggs in her ovaries; she will have only a million by the time she's born. She'll have fewer eggs as she gets older, and by age 17, the number will have dropped to 200,000.

As for you, the fog may be lifting, so to speak. For many women, the side effects of early pregnancy --
frequent urination, intense fatigue, nausea -- diminish sometime in the second trimester. Your uterus, while large enough to announce to onlookers that you're indeed pregnant, isn't so huge that it gets in your way. Even though birth is months away, your breasts may already start making colostrum, the fluid that will feed your baby for the first few days before your milk comes in.

Source: Baby Centre UK

2 comments:

Ciela said...

I'm sure seeing that picture of a developing fetus makes the mommy to be more and more excited. Ang laki na pala ng baby sa tummy mo, Madz.
Good for you that you are now covered with the medical benefits extended to your husband, that's if I understood it right.That's a big help to have peace of mind for the moms and dads to be like you!

Take care always, Mads!

Her Glitter Life said...

Wow! Excited ko sa imoha gang. And I am sure. You're very excited. Enjoy the pregnancy.

I am back gurl. The weather change( sick weather). Sometimes I used light jacket but when we went to the store. Within the split seconds the weather change when you go out in the store. It got really cold.

Btw, Thanks for the lovely messages.